Ideas, Q&A and your feedback are welcome on our user community.
Company, product and business announcements on Fambit Blog.
Company registration number: 2259642-3
Fambit has been created by Fambit Oy - a developer of digital services with the mission of adding innovation to the communication and life-management within the family.
We believe that the current web2.0 community or mobile services do not fit well to family needs. We can improve how to share thoughts, plans and tasks among the closest persons in your life: your partner and your kids. Current web2.0 community services are designed for sharing your life among your friends and acquaintances. We believe that the concept of the social networking has huge potential but needs a re-design for a service used together by parents and their small children.
Fambit brings the most value to families with school-age kids where the balancing of the life is sometimes hard in the middle of conflicting schedules of active family members. There are 120 million adults in the European Union alone who belong to this family segment. Fambit service is designed for this significant customer segment as a novel social communication service for the family: the most natural and important micro-community in our lives.
Fambit Oy was founded in Helsinki, Finland in the spring of 2009 by two senior experts in internet and mobile communications.
Fambit is a registrated trademark of Fambit Oy, Helsinki Finland.
Fambit Oy was initially called Familiq Oy.
M.Sc. from Helsinki University of Technology.
Pertti has a long experience in telecommunication startup companies. He was one of the founding partners of Akumiitti Oy, a pioneering provider of solutions for mobile value added services. Before Fambit, Pertti worked 4 years for Nokia Siemens Networks as director and team leader in end-user services. In his team, one of the focus area was the innovation space combining internet and mobile telecommunications.
M.Sc. and Lic. Tech. from Helsinki University of Technology and MBA from EDHEC / Theseus MBA school in Nice, France.
Markku had a 14 year career at Nokia before Fambit. His last position was director and team leader of a technology validation group at the Services unit of Nokia. Prior to that, Markku had several senior management positions at Nokia R&D organisations, and in China where Markku established the first R&D unit for Nokia in the country. Before Nokia, Markku made a career in a small startup company and at the Finnish technology agency TEKES based in Finland and in Brussels.
Said by Users
- This has served our family quite a lot and saved us from some confusions :)
- Fambit truly rocks! It really changed our family life! And if you are an Outlook user you can make it visible beside your work calendar, WOW!
- Fambit Texting is a clever way to remind about the child-care shifts in the family circle - grand-parents included. Big thanks!
- I added training schedules from external calendars to Fambit. Now they all are in the same place :-)
- Familyfinder is a real WOW service - shows close enough location of your kid and works just like that also from mobile! More services like this pls!!
- With two kids in the school and one in the nursery, there are dozens of things to remember every week. Without Fambit my children would never have the right sport shoes or birthday presents for their friends at the right time.