Fambit takes your privacy seriously.
Fambit is a web and mobile service for family communication and life-management. Fambit is provided by Familiq Oy, registered in Helsinki, Finland.
Information collected and use of information
User Content is the data you as the User create when using the Service: events, text and images. The User Content is owned by you and is shared only with other members registered under the same family account. Fambit does not disclose User Content to public nor share it with third parties, except when we are required to do so by the law.
Fambit enables you to share parts of the User Content with other persons or families outside of your own family account (e.g. by email to your friends) or with your contacts in social services (e.g. forwarding your Fambit content as your Facebook status message). In this case you select the Content to be shared.
User Content is not monitored by Familiq personnel nor contractors working for Familiq. However, Familiq reserves the right to review and delete User Content for justified reasons in the sole judgement of Familiq.
Collected user data
The Service asks data about you and your family members like:
- Nickname and picture
- email address
- country and language
and optionally data like:
- mobile phone number
- zip code
- credentials of external photo sharing and related external services (like Flickr)
- opt-in consent for future direct marketing
- email and contact information of your friends
Fambit does not collect nor store your credit or debit card information.
User data is solely used to create the service experience and shared only to your family members. Except as provided below, Familiq will not sell or give away this data to third parties.
- we may disclose data if required by law or law enforcing authorities
- in protecting our rights in the Service or to protect the safety of other Users
- if necessary to provide the Service, we may share your personal information with partner service providers, for example providers of payment services
- Familiq may share personal User data with its marketing affiliates only in cases that User has given an opt-in permission for direct marketing or User explicitly participates in such features of the Service (e.g. sweepstakes, contests) that require disclosing of User data
You as the Fambit User have the opportunity to review and modify your personally identifiable information and User Content at any time by logging in to the Service.
One optional feature of the Fambit Service is Familyfinder. Familyfinder allows you to view the approximate location ( within a circle of 50-1500meters) of another member in the same family using mobile network information. In order to protect privacy, a permission is required from the person to be located. This consent is requested by a message sent to the mobile number of the person to be located. The location permission is between two individuals and can be withdrawn at any time by the person who has granted the permission.
Familiq will not sell or give away the location data to third parties or other Users of the Service provided by Familiq. The location data stored in Familiq servers is accessed by Familiq personnel only in cases of mandatory management. All the personel who may have access to this data have signed a location data secrecy confirmation.
Aggregate data, non-personally identifiable information
Fambit collects User information and Content in the aggregate as you use our Service in order to analyze the overall User demographics and usage patterns. Aggregate data does not contain any personally identifiable information. We use the aggregated data to improve our Service and by publishing such information within the Service in the aggregated form: e.g. 'In France, the families at Fambit created xx new events last week'.
Storing of data
Familiq takes appropriate organizational and technical measures to protect your personal User data. Your personal User data can only be accessed by authorized employees or contractors who need to have access to this data. By registering to the Service you give Familiq consent to transfer and store your personal data outside of your country of residence within the EU and the USA. Should Familiq choose to transfer or store personal User data in the territory of USA, Familiq commits to collaborate with such partner or partners who comply the Safe Harbour agreement between the EU and the USA.
Familiq will store the data as long as is necessary to perform the Service, comply to applicable legislation or regulatory requirements or to fulfil contractual responsibilities towards partner providers. When leaving the Service, the personal data of the User is removed. Historical User Content created until the time of removing the User will remain unless the whole family is removed from the Service.
Protection of children’s information
Fambit is design for a safe service for families, including small kids. Fambit will never knowingly request personal information from a User under 13 years old without parental consent. The person registering a family on Fambit is required to be 18 years or older. This person becomes the administrative user (Admin). As the Admin, the User may add new members to the family account and have access to the Service settings on behalf of other Users. Admin must be the legal guardian of any person under 18 years in order to register that person to the family account.
How to contact us
(last update: 18.3.2010)
Said by Users
- This has served our family quite a lot and saved us from some confusions :)
- Fambit truly rocks! It really changed our family life! And if you are an Outlook user you can make it visible beside your work calendar, WOW!
- Fambit Texting is a clever way to remind about the child-care shifts in the family circle - grand-parents included. Big thanks!
- I added training schedules from external calendars to Fambit. Now they all are in the same place :-)
- Familyfinder is a real WOW service - shows close enough location of your kid and works just like that also from mobile! More services like this pls!!
- With two kids in the school and one in the nursery, there are dozens of things to remember every week. Without Fambit my children would never have the right sport shoes or birthday presents for their friends at the right time.